Saturday, October 28, 2023

More Random photos....I'm posting these while I can....my history with pictures is so scary, I figured I should get these on her while the getting was good.


These 4 sweet little kittens and their mother are residents of the Peace Corps office grounds.  The bosses have agreed to feed, vaccinate and spay them so we are all very happy.  There was one bold attempt to corral them but they all got away so the PC folks relented.

 


 




,
I went with some companeros to a Pulque festival.  It turned out to be an agricultural event, celebrating the Maguey cactus which is useful for a variety of purposes including Pulque ( a fermented Kombucha type drink,Mescal and many more.


Our little group....it was fun.....the taxi ride was a bit scary.

This is a giant Maguey Cactus aka Agave.

If you zoom in on this, you'll learn the many uses of  the  Maguey plant.
 


You can see the huge turnout and maybe the jackets....it was a cool , just right day.
 

Pulque testers
More pulque

This is some of the pulque that was available for taste testing.  I went with the guyaba flavor with some agua miel mixed in....truly delicious




Folkloric dancing.  There was also some good ole down home Mexican ranchero type music.

No comments:

Post a Comment