Tuesday, October 10, 2023

More photos, I hope

 

Well, I may have figured something out.  This will be a stream of consciousness ( photos) that I downloaded.  This first is just a healthy looking meal I had recently...The lady I'm living with does not cook much so I've found some places I can buy some relatively healthy and inexpensive food.  I'm looking forward to having a place  where can cook for myself again and have my dear cat.
THis is located on the campus of the school where I'll be teaching soon.. UTEQ..Universidad Technologico  de Queretaro.
This is a street name I saw recently....Of the sad Indian.....( sad)
This is an interior shot of La Casa de la Marqueza...a hotel/restaurant I mentioned in an earlier post.  This was originally built as a home for the Marqueza whose husband financed the building of the acqueduct ( with her money ) to get clean water to his girlfriend...the nun at the top of the hill.  Apparently, the Marqueza never lived in this place and it has only been used as a restaurant and hotel...not sure who owns it....its in the historic district of Queretaro.
 Neighborhood watch in Mexico...underneath the sign is a place where they hang their garbage bag for pick up...safe from animals in the night.
This is a photo of the intersection in front of the house where I'm living ....just wanted you to see the overhead power and telephone wires.  Also, notice the ficus trees...they stay green year round...very nice and many are pruned back and make nice shade over sidewalks and the street.
Another shot of the inside of La Casa de la Marqueza.  This is the stairs up to the hotel part ( only 8 rooms) from the restaurant on the first floor.
This is also inside the La Casa de la Marqueza.  This is the Virgin Guadalupe...we were told in one of the presentations about the history of Mexico.   Apparently, this is a LatinX version of the Virgin Mary who was very light skinned in the Spanish renditions, so they darkened her skin and gave her a Spanish name to placate their recent converts in the conquered lands of the Aztecs, Mayans, and other darker skinned peoples.
This is a photo I tried to include earlier...it's the languages building where I'll spend most of my day...when I'm not playing pickleball. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment