Friday, April 1, 2011

Big news

I wanted you, my blog readers, to be the first to hear my good news. Actually, great news.  I'll get right to the point.   I have met a Nicaraguan man, a little younger than me ( actually quite a bit younger, but.....) and we have decided to live together to see how things go.  We have talked about long term plans but have not made any solid committments.  He does have a job ( which is against the odds down here).  Unfortunately, he drives a truck for a slaughterhouse so its very sad job.  Hopefully, when ( and if) he comes back to the states with me, he'll be able to get something a little more "ethical."  Needless to say, he is not a vegetarian but I am working on that.  We'll be living in his house so I'll have more access to a kitchen and his mother, who will be living with us too, is a great Nicaraguan cook so she can teach me all she knows.  His sister and her husband and their kids live there too so I feel sure I will learn a lot of Spanish , real quick.

We plan to start living together within the next week or so but I will still be in the PC and doing my work at the schools, etc.  Unfortunately, he has some bad habits re. the environment, e.g they have several endangered species birds in cages in their house, they burn all their trash, they make weekly trips to the forest reserve and cut down trees for firewood and other habits that are naturnal for the Nicaraguans but hopefully I can change, at least for this family.

Gotta go to work now but I hope you are all as happy for me ( finally Mr. Right came along) as we are for each other. 
Love,
Pat and Miguel

2 comments:

  1. So I'm guessing you'll be registered at Bed, Barn and Beyond? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is news!!!! How exiting for you. Now if you can live with his family, that will certainly be a challenge to any relationship!!!!! My best to you and Miguel! Heck, where will I stay when I visit? How on earth did you meet? I am sure you were not at the slaughterhouse!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete