Tuesday, March 29, 2011

weather update

Today's paper reports the temperature for last Sunday at 96 ( 35.7 celsius)  Here is a quote from the paper: Para tener una idea, cuando el cuerpo humano alcanza una temperatura similar or superior a los 37 grados Celsius se considera que la persona sufre calentura o fiebre."  DUH !!!!! Thats right from the horse's mouth.  When I got up on Monday, I thought I was ill but soon learned from folks at school that it was the heat....everyone felt that way.   And the paper goes on to say that this is not an historic high....more to come.

When I am home, I sit around in wet clothes in front of my best pal, my avanica, my fan !!!  When I am at school, I just sweat !!!!! But, the kids don't seem to notice...they run like m
ad all over the playground stirring up dust storms and come back to class covered with sweat and dust, i.e. mud !!! but smiling, always smiling. 

I am attaching some photos from this morning as we started our compost and garden at one of my schools.






Pat

1 comment:

  1. re: the composting and gardening -- do the kids think you're nuts? or are they excited about it?

    ReplyDelete