Friday, March 11, 2011

This is not a bus story

Quite the opposite ...I am sitting in my "hovel" downloading a movie on my laptop ( while blogging) and at the same time checking my email on my I-phone which is plugged into my computer..  seems strange to be doing this knowing that when I have to use the bathroom, I'll be doing so in a place where I have to throw water into the bowl to get it to flush and where it goes is not hooked into any sort of sanitation system...lots of contradictions here.

  Had a good week in school, the kids are so great.  I had sort of fooled myself into thinking the kids were just mesmerized by my words because they look at me so intently when I talk.  Welllll, today I realized, its my light eyes ( the color ) that has them mesmerized...not my intellect !!!  Another aha moment. 

I will be gone all next week to a language seminar, an update on our Spanish skills.  I was in the borderline group at the end of the initial training session so I'll have to show considerable improvement in order to be allowed to stay.  I think I will make it.....unless they want to get rid of me for other reasons...I am sure you all can believe that I have given them plenty !!!  I have a local teen lined up to take care of Nici.  Paying someone to take care of your cat is a new concept here too....like feeding them cat food, and using kitty litter.  She has a cat of her own who is a month older than Nici but Nici is a good bit larger.  She said herself it must be because I feed her !!!  Duh !!!

We were all on Tsunami alert today but we got a text from PC that they had had voice contact with 215 or the 218 vols. in country.  They were pleased with that success rate...it will be interesting to know where those other three were.  We do have vols. along the Pacific coast and they were the ones they were worried about, but..all is well.   So sad about Japan...lots of sad news out there....Libya being one of the places.  Their effort reminds me somewhat of the rebellion here in Nicaragua back in the late 70s when a bunch of civilian  rebels overthrew the Somosas who had been in power for over 40 years. 

Last tidbit..today I ate the BEST papaya I have had, including those in Hawaii.  And it cost about 1.50 and probably weighed 3 pounds.  It was so delicious..Earlier this week I had the same feeling about a pineapple and about 2 weeks ago, I had a cantaloupe to die for.  This fruit can almost replace HagenDaz, but not quite.  I still miss high butter fat ice cream...gotta admit it !!!

Thats all for now,

This is a little photo of the Profe who teaches 3rd grade and who serves as my counterpart here in the school system.  She is terriffic....boundless energia !!!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment