Saturday, February 5, 2011

Well, I got these photos on here but now I have to give a little explanation.  This last one is some of the kids, and their leader, Churro, yes with dreds, after one of our morning after a fiesta plastic bottle collections....these, and lots more  were all lying in the streets...people here just drop them where they are standing..its really quite amazing. So far, we've had 8 similar pick ups, after fiestas.  The kids are going to sell the bottles to a recycler in Managua.  Hopefully, we can get the mayor's trash team to start separating the trash, and getting the citizens to do so too. It will be a process.

The first pic is a little neighbor boy playing with Nici thru the chicken wire I put up to keep her in.  He had been playing with those bottle caps when he noticed her and then they played together.

The next shot is my street, a little further towards town where it is paved with blocks they call aldoquin.  Its actually pretty smart , when they have to do pipe work, they just pull up the blocks over the pipe and then replace them when they are done.  What I liked in this picture was the neighbor kids playing on the dirt pile...wouldn't see that around a construction site in the US.

The shot of the pigs was just so cute.  Their mother was sleeping nearby and these two siblings snuggled up together.  They woke up once, shifted around and then went back to sleep equally close.  I'll put more on soon.  Maybe I can find a way to label them before I upload them onto the blog.  Hope so.



No comments:

Post a Comment