Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Temperature

I found a centigrade/farenheit converter on line so I plugged in our temp. 28, thats only 82, seems a whole lot hotter.  I decided the sun is extremely fierce down here because in the shade its really pretty decent. ( if you are not moving, just sitting and talking ) So, I feel cooler already.  My house is not much, but when I'm inside....I'm in the shade where its only 82 and if I keep my bike on the right side of the street, in the shade, thats not too bad either. The bus is still hot.

Speaking of the bus, I had another memorable bus moment.  I had a seat, albeit an aisle seat, in which you are vulnerable to all types of rubbing with people standing sometimes three deep in the aisle next to you, but anyway, I had a seat this time.  There was a sweet young woman standing near me, our eyes met a couple times and we exchanged pleasant smiles, then finally she asked her question.  Was my hair "original" or "pintura?"  All my expensive highlights have grown out , so I had to tell the truth and tell her it was original.  Then, this is the good part, she petted me.  She reached out and literally petted my head.  She said things in Spanish that were clearly an expression of how fascinating she found my haircolor.  Sooo cute.  She was so genuine and uninhibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment