Sunday, February 27, 2011

Various photos




OK, little explanation.  First photo is Nici trying to be cool....and I mean cool, not "cool.
Next is the view out the back of the cheapest, and most exciting, form of transportation in Leon. Its called a ruta, a little truck with seats on the sides, a canvas top, only 4 cordobas from the bus terminal to the commercial center, and a nice breeze the whole way. Taxis are 20 cordobas.  I used to be afraid to ride in them, but I have found my nerve.  Also, I don't get on unless I can get a seat, standing in the middle near the back is sure death !!! The vehicle you see out the back is a tricycle, one guy riding/pedaling and a seat in front.  These are as expensive as the taxis and I used to use them, still do, but prefer to either walk or use the rutas

The next photo is the mercado at the bus terminal in Leon.  I was just standing there waiting for my bus and took this.  Its representative but this was taken late in the day....sometimes there is a lot more action.  Its hard to capture the " je ne sais quoi " in a photo. ( forgive my French...hope you know what I mean)

 The last is a photo of a group of school children marching thru town from the school at one end of town to the mercado at the other end where they would attend an opening of school pep talk program.  I just love the uniforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment