Sunday, November 26, 2023

Charming story about bus etiquette here.

 I ride the bus to and from work.   Many times, I get one of those special seats up front  reserved for old folks , but this particular day, I couldn't even get up the steps into the bus, it was sooo crowded.  The kid in front of me, who also could not get in, turned and said...Atras...  and we hustled to the back door and pushed in there.  IN !!!  My first thought was, we didn't pay or swipe our bus passes ( yes, I have my very own bus pass).  No worries.  Others had been here before.  The kid in front of me simply took my card from my little hand and passed it with his to the guy in front of him, and he to the guy in front of him, and so on and so on until it got to the front, someone up there swiped our cards, and they traveled back to us, right down the line...like clockwork through probably 20 people standing in the aisle. I was thrilled.  Not only do they do that with passes, they do it with cash.  A few buses still take cash ( this being one of the few) so someone had a bill, probably 20 pesos, it got passed hand to hand, to the driver up front, and the change came back the same way.  A bus ride is 11 pesos.  Another wonderful thing you wouldn't get to experience if you were staying in a 5 star hotel.  You would have hot water, of course, and a bed that did not squeak every time you moved, but you would not have this sweet bus experience. The end. 👊 Bam !

No comments:

Post a Comment