Sunday, July 24, 2016

Update.

Upon PC's orders and on their tab, I flew out of Guayaquil at 11 pm on the 11th,  got to my home of record ( a term of art in the PC), my sister's home in Annapolis, MD,  early on July 12 and on July 22 received an email from PC ....."Congratulations...you have been legally cleared to continue your PC service..."  or equally cheery words to that effect.  I apologize to all you tax payers for wasting your money flying me home and then back but......  The good news is that on July 14, I flew ( on my own dime) out to Utah and had the pleasure of seeing my son and his band ( FY5, if you want to see them on You Tube or Facebook) at three gigs in the Park City area with the added pleasure of spending time with my son and his dear wife, Wren, my sweet daughter and son in law, and their unbelievable 3 daughters ( my three granddaughters).  I returned to my sister's in Annapolis on the 18th and had a few days there to enjoy her and her wonderful family, including her beautiful grandchildren.  So, it was not all bad but one more glitch in this PC experience. 

I am looking forward to getting back to Guayaquil only to see the students and teachers at the school where I am working and the host family that has welcomed me so generously.  It is an awfully hot and dusty city....I found a gym with a rowing machine which I have been using but its not air conditioned so I get in and get out as fast as I can.  Not good....

I am also glad to be back while it is still whale watching season on our coast so I'll be going over there in the next few weeks.

My sister has agreed to keep my cat for me for a month but when I come back for my 53rd high school reunion at the end of August, I have to find him a home or  take him back to Ecuador with me.  Highly unlikely, the latter, so I hope to find a home for him, at least for a few months.  I plan to take him with me eventually when I return to Colorado but I don't know exactly when that will be.

That will do it for now,   I owe some good people some responses to emails and many thanks for all your supportive and positive comments during this debacle.  This was better than the earthquake but not as memorable. :)   Our country director told us there have been over 1000 "replicas" aftershocks, since April 16..wow.  And there were two new smaller new earthquakes on the coast, north of my city, right before I left.  That is on my mind a lot...helps me make decisions.

Some photos from Utah. 
Starting on the your left, my son in law and Amanda, Nicole and Liza.  In the blue t shirt is a friend of Rich's from high school who now lives in Park City with his daughter and wife.


At the festival in Wallsburg, Utah, Rich with Liza and Wren

A little jam on the porch in Peoa.  Katy's first jam with Rich and Wren and Greene's neighbors, Jack and Carrie.


Grand girls and their friends in Peoa.  Nalu, the new pup, is looking on.

At Wallsburg with Tec and Rich behind Liza.


Charlie, Maggie and Olivia.....cousin time at Granma Sue's

Two more cousins, Evan and Lucy with their dads and uncle Steve trying to get a kiss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment