Thursday, February 4, 2016

I have a  few more photos to share.  We have Language and Culture classes , along with our TEFL classes and all the other trainings they have for us.  These photos are from Culture class this morning where we went to a local woman's home and made some local food.  We had guacamole, queso and salsa, llapingachos,  a potato pancake of sorts and a fruit juice of the tomato de arbol.  Everything was delicious but we did it at 9:30 in the morning and I had had breakfast only about 2 hours earlier so I was sort full.  I tasted everything and it was all delicious.

Madison and i were in charge of making the guac.  She graduated from U. of Hawaii...loves it over there so we have that in common.

These are our two teachers...Fatima and Paulina....lovely ladies, so lovely.  They are cutting up the tomates de arbol which they put in the blender ( liquadora) with a little cane sugar and vanilla to make the drink.

Getting the table ready to go.......
We had one of our classes on a roof top this afternoon....warm and sunny but not hot...amazing weather.




I was online at lunch time looking for a super bowl party to go to on Sunday.  I did not find one but I did see some articles about Ecuador spending 3 million to buy tourism ads in the superbowl.  Watch for them.

More later,
Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment