Thursday, October 28, 2010

Now I´m sweating

I have a few minutes before I teach my last class in the escuela in our little town.  The topic is organic/inorganic basura and then we are going to put together an abonerra ( compost pile ) in back of the school where we have made a nice garden that seems to be growing pretty well right now.  We don´t know who will take care of it once we leave and that is a little bit of a downer as the kids are really excited to be growing vegetables.  They get very few, and less fruit, in their homes. 

I want to report one thing before I run out of time. I got my first haircut in Nicaragua last Saturday.  It cost 3 cordobas which is about $1.50 US.  There is clearly something wrong in a world where I paid $90 for a haircut in Cherry Creek and only $1.50 for one here which is every bit as good !!!!

For the future, I will be asking for boxes of school supplies from anyone who wants to send them.  Crayons, colored pencils, decks of cards, frisbies, note pads, so if you find any of these things or other little goodies that elementary children who have almost nothing might like for little prizes,  in second hard or good will type stores, please get and them and hang on to them  for me.  I will eventually have an address in my site and I will find out tomorrow where I am going.

All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment