Tuesday, June 28, 2016

 
Hello all,

Not much new here but I have a few photos to post.  I did learn recently that I have not "legally" cleared to be a PC volunteer ( I am assured it is just a "glitch") in the FBI's system...but..... Anyhow, I have until July 16 to clear, if I don't clear by then, I' ll be sent to my home of record ( Sue's ) for up to 60 days on Administrative leave  If I don't clear in that period of time, I'll be administratively separated from the PC by "interrupted service" which means I am separated through no fault of my own, rather due to an administrative " error.   I'm told there are a number of us serving all over the world in similar straits and that all of us are on hold.  We'll see what turns up.

Meantime, I made reservations to go over to the coast for a weekend to see the whales and take a boat out to a little island, aka the poor man's galapagos, for a day trip.




They had a showcase at school of things kids made out of recycled materials.  They were trying to put this tent up for what seemed like hours...finally, they figured out a system.  They were having a ball.     











Now, this skirt was really cute. Made of newspaper...ofcourse, she was really cute too



Where did this cat picture come from ?????

Some of their little recycling projects...cute.  They put so much enthusiasm into everything they do...its so cute, they go all out with their posters and presentations. 



There is an area of the city, San Inbordon, I think, that is just gated communities, one after the other....they call them "urbanizaciones."  aka urbanizations....town centers sort of.  The following pictures  are from one of them which  is set up more like a "restaurant row" around a lot of water features, palm trees ,etc.  It was lovely the night we were there but the folks I was with, Adela and Edith, said that for many months of the year it is too hot, even in the evening , to sit outside.  We had a beautiful evening, breeze, no mosquitos...really beautiful.  This particular urbanizacion is called Plaza de los lagos..lots of little lakes and ponds in the walking and shopping and eating area.  Had some deeeelicious chocolate ice cream.






On Father's Day, the family included me in their Father's day dinner.  This is one of the grandsons, Bruno, who speaks great English,  with the family boxer, Patsy.  They love her.

This is one daughter, Evelyn and her youngest, Dominica....who is almost 3 and so so cute. 

The family.....Amelia, 7/8 with Patsy, Adela who lives here where I live and is a school psychologist, brother Victor Hugo and father, Victor Hugo, youngest grandson, Marcello and wife of Victor Hugo, Mariana..who is wonderful..so generous and kind to me.  In the back is Evelyn with Dominica, her husband Alvaro, and Alexandra who is the mother of Marcello and Bruno.  A very very nice family.

Young Victor Hugo and Dominica....trying to figure it all out.

How did that cat picture get in there ?????







Mariana and her buddy, Edith, took me to the beach Playas with them for the day.  Had a good fish dinner in this little place...it was right on the beach.

I think I am getting better at this selfie thing...still have to find a way to do it without showing so much skin.  I guess I could wear a shirt.

After lunch, the tradition appears to be relaxing in a hammock before heading back out to the beach.  We indulged.

Red Crab....not red lobster. 

Hard Music Cafe.....not Hard Rock Cafe.  Incidentally, there are no copyright laws down here or at least they are not enforced...so everybody copies whatever the want , in terms of school materials and other things.         


  I have had a lot of fun experiences in the classroom...the kids are really great.

For instance, I was explaining the meaning of some of our idioms..the one in question was , " Go for it"    Somehow, I told the story of how the Spanish speaking community,began using the phrase,Si,se puede" in Obama's campaign and how it caught on and how they were my first Spanish words....and it basically meant, "go for it, you can do it..."  They loved that.  I have also taught them the meaning of e.g.  They had seen it a lot and but did not know what it meant. They also did not know the word Spanglish...so we had a big discussion around that.  Lots of fun things....hopefully some serious grammar too. But, I am focusing on making it fun....for them and for me too.  

Thats it for now.
Thanks for paying your taxes.
If you have any connections at the FBI, try to get them to clear me.  I feel like I'm on the "no fly" list...
Love, me

No comments:

Post a Comment