Sunday, January 24, 2016

Two days before leaving for Ecuador

Hello friends,

Just had to post this photo.....2 days before leaving for Ecuador....equator....ecuador...get it ????  I don't know where I will be assigned yet but for the first three months, we will all be living near the Peace Corps training facility located in Nayon which I believe is an eastern suburb of Quito, the capital city.   I found it on Google Earth and it looks very charming.  I am scheduled to leave here on Tuesday morning for Miami for one night with arrival in Quito on Wednesday afternoon where I'll be met by the host family with whom I'll live for the training period, about 3 months.  After the training period, we will each be assigned to a community somewhere in Ecuador..could be in the Amazonian region, on their western Pacific coast or in a mountain community in the Andes.  It will be fun to see where I end up.

More later
Pat



No comments:

Post a Comment