Sunday, December 18, 2011

She died this morning.

When I told the grandmother , her comment was that I ( me) had done everything I could.  She is a very sweet woman.  When she asked her vago son to dig a hole for her outside of their house, he said, Awww, throw her out !!!  ( meaning put her in the garbage)  So, the grandmother got the digging tool and showed me where another dog was buried, and that they would put stones on top to protect her body, and started digging the hole.  I said I'd bring her back in an hour.  She had one other daughter there to help heer.

So sad, but Betty is so right....they just don't know..they don't have the option of  rushing off to the vet when there are signs of illness.  The grandmother told me that Margarita had been "triste" ( sign of a fever) for a couple days and they were getting ready to take her to the vet when I got there.  I feel so bad that I went on that little vaca...but, I know this would have happened later, rather than sooner anyway.  Still, sad.

I learned a lesson about trying to apply my US standards to a developing country...it doesn't translate.

But, the grandmother and I are friends forever and when Helen comes back from visiting her mother in Managua, we will continue our reading classees....can only do what I can do.

This is my last picture of Margarita wrestling with the kitten from her house ( who has moved in here now) before I took her to her house while I left town for 4 days, her last 4 days.
Love, a sad me.

No comments:

Post a Comment